Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A love poem

I love writing poetry, but it seems that whenever I do, I come up with one or two decent stanzas and get lost on where to take it. So I have a lot of potentially solid poems with interesting ideas, but they end up having no real substance. Here for the first time is a completed poem. My hope is that it is of substance.  It's a rookie poem, as I continue to write, I hope to improve.


When we were young
Our compasses aligned
To this love that never turns away

When we ran with our bodies
Under the wholeness of the sunbeams
And this love that doesn't pass away

When the days grew older
Our spirits kept dancing
With this love that is just a touch away

When we tripped on the branches
Of the tree that shadowed
This love that begins to slip away

When our compasses were shattered
And our needles stopped pointing
To this love that feels so far away

When we learned to cope
With this life that kept pushing
This love so beautiful away

When we searched under the moonlight
With our compasses still broken
For this love that was torn away.

When we built up our towers
Desperate to find it
This love that blows fears away

When we finally fell silent
And heard the still harmonies

Of this love that always finds a way

No comments:

Post a Comment